Scroll Down To See All Openings
If you have worked at Perdue before, we invite you to come back and see the difference. If you’ve never worked here – give us a try, we have a 12-week training program! Free on-site health clinic, amazing benefits, and sign-on bonus for certain departments.
Why should I work at Holiday World?
Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari’s cornerstones are Safety, Service, Cleanliness, and Friendliness. We value teamwork, playing by the rules, respecting each individual, work/life balance, and having fun! The park has been family-owned and operated by the same family for four generations and more than 75 years, and our Team Members are part of a community.
Do you offer flexible scheduling?
Yes! When you apply, just let us know what your availability will be. We have many Team Members who can only work weekends or evenings–we’ll do our best to find the perfect spot for you!
How old do I have to be to apply?
Applicants must be 14 years old to apply for a job in Indiana. If an applicant is not 14 years old, the application will be placed on hold until the applicant is 14 years old.
What’s the pay rate?
Our starting rate for Team Members 16+ is $13/hr. Starting in 2024, 15-year-old Lifeguards qualify for $13/hr starting rate as well. Returning Team Members receive an additional $0.50/hr. Team Members aged 14-15 make $7.25/hr. Holiday World offers increased rates for specialized positions such as mowing and bus drivers.
PLUS, we offer an incredible range of job perks. Each Team Member receives a personal Season Pass to enjoy the parks on their days off, plus two free uniforms. Team Members earn points for every hour worked, which can be redeemed for HoliCash, Amazon gift cards, iPads, Fitbits, and more–and they can earn bonus points by referring more Team Members. Team Members also qualify for free admission to many midwestern amusement parks, as well as local attractions.
Where can I apply?
University Police Officer
Vincennes University is seeking applicants for the position of University Police Officer. This is a full-time, support staff position.
The University Police Officer is part of the Campus Police Department. The University Police Officer is responsible for enforcing local, state, and federal laws serving to protect persons and University Buildings/Property in and around the university community. It is required that the University Police Officer comply with Vincennes University rules and policies while attempting to ensure justice and maintain the dignity of the individuals.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Provides security and law enforcement protective services to the university community through various patrol duties
- Respond to emergencies by assessing the situation, employing tact, diplomacy, and individual judgment to remedy and/or maintain control. Some situations may require the officer to provide onsite leadership/supervision over less experienced officer(s).
- Deter, restrain, refer, and/or arrest individual(s) attempting to inflict harm to themselves or others or to commit a criminal
- Gather; obtain pertinent information from participants and/or witnesses for inclusion into mandated administrative forms/reports related to reported incident(s).
- Conduct assigned criminal investigations or special projects as required.
- Provide security details as requested by senior departmental administrative
- Maintain, monitor, and possess the ability to use Vincennes University Police Department communication
- Appear in court to provide testimony regarding cases involving the officer.
- Enforce traffic/parking rules/regulations of Vincennes University, ordinances of the city of Vincennes, and the codes of the State of Indiana.
- Maintain professional development through in-service training, external classes, professional seminars, and literary
- Conduct health, safety, and crime prevention presentations on behalf of the Vincennes University Police
- Provide general information guidance to university staff, students, guests, and the general
- Comply with rules/regulations governing the confidentiality of information as lawfully dictated by Vincennes University and Vincennes University Police
- Complete and successfully pass the Indiana Law Enforcement Academy within 12 months of the incumbent’s date of
- Participate in outreach programs to market Vincennes University and Vincennes University Police Department
- Adhere to the rules/regulations of Vincennes University and Vincennes University Police Department; the constitution of Indiana; the Constitution of the United States of
- Provide other work-related duties as required by the Chief of
Successful candidates will have:
- High School Diploma
- AS Degree in Law Enforcement or 60 hours of post-secondary education (PREFERRED)
- A minimum of 21 years of age
- Provide proof of U.S. citizenship
- Possess a valid Indiana Driver’s License
- No records of arrest for misdemeanors or felonies
- Ability to bend and lift objects over 100 pounds
- Must be able to work rotating shifts
- Sufficient oral and written communication skills to effectively speak with clients and prepare job-related documentation
The candidate will be eligible for all benefits available to a full-time employee of Vincennes University. More information can be found by visiting the Benefits page of the VU website: http://vinu.edu/human-resources
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit an application with a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to Human Resources by email to email@example.com or mail to Human Resources, 1002 North First Street, Vincennes, IN 47591.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The hiring process may be held concurrently with the advertising period.
Applicants will be required to pass a physical agility and written test before being considered a candidate for this position. Laterals, who have an active or current Academy Certification will not be required to partake in the physical or written test.
All selected candidates will have to successfully pass a thorough background check, polygraph, and medical evaluation.
Vincennes University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Click here for other opportunities at Vincennes University