Welcome to the Blazer Job Board: Scroll Down the page for a complete listing of employers and job opportunities.
VU Police seeking applicants
Vincennes University is seeking applicants for the full-time position of University Police Officer.
The University Police Officer position is part of the Campus Police Department. The University Police Officer is responsible for enforcing local, state, and federal laws, serving to protect persons and University Buildings/Property in and around the university community. The University Police Officer must comply with Vincennes University rules and policies while attempting to ensure justice and maintain the dignity of all individuals.
Requirements: A high school diploma, required. 60 hours post-secondary education, preferred. The new hire must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job, successfully complete the 16-week Indiana Law Enforcement Academy training, and maintain this certification.
A full job description can be found at www.vinu.edu/employment. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until March 31, 2020. Applications require a current resume, a cover letter, and names and contact information of three current references. Only complete applicant packets submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org will be considered. Vincennes University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Broadcast IT Technician/Engineer
WVUT / WVUB / WFML
Full Time Support Staff Position
The position is responsible for on-air quality control, end user technical support and equipment installation and maintenance/repair in a state-of-the-art broadcast/media environment. This is a full-time support staff position with benefits, with a standard schedule of Monday through Friday 9:30 am to 6:00 pm, subject to change.
This position reports to Director of Engineering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up, operate, and maintain radio and television broadcast equipment
- Installation and wiring of broadcast and IT based broadcast systems
- Provide quality services to all departments within Vincennes University’s Broadcasting Department
- Provide Emergency service as required to restore broadcast operations.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds with reaching overhead, bending and twisting
- Must hold a valid driver’s license
- Associates Degree in Electronics, IT, Broadcasting, or related field
- Prior audio and video or electronics experience
- Ability to configure and troubleshoot various computers, servers, and IT infrastructure for broadcast needs
- Ability to configure IP network devices and perform basic connectivity troubleshooting
- 3-5 years of general work experience in a broadcast environment
- Have knowledge of high definition studio equipment, ENG & EFP cameras and gear
- Knowledge and/or familiarity of IOT and solid state transmitters(FM and UHF), transmission systems including filters, antennas and line, high voltage, tower structures, and microwave STL equipment.
- Experience with production/post production systems including Avid Media Composer, Adobe Creative Suite, Ross Xpression, Nexio Video Servers, Ross Inception, Ross Carbonite Switchers
- Familiarity with radio station automation systems (Wide Orbit), audio consoles, microphones and other radio station equipment
- Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit a VU Application, cover letter, resume and contact information for three references to Vincennes University Human Resources by email to email@example.com or mail to Vincennes, University, Human Resources, 1002 North First Street, Vincennes, IN 47591.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Interviews may be held concurrently with the advertising period. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note the selected candidate may be required to submit to a criminal history background check. Vincennes University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Rainbow Beach is now hiring lifeguards for the 2020 pool season. If interested, you may pick up an application at the Vincennes Parks office at 201 Vigo St. Vincennes, IN 47591. Applicants must be certified. Contact the YMCA for lifeguard certification classes and times.
Perdue Farms has openings for temp and permanent full and part time for every position every shift.
Medical, Dental, Vision – and a FREE Wellness Center on-site with no co-pay for the Associate.
Perdue also has an Employee Assistance Program.
Tuition reimbursement is available after 6 months of employment.
Apply online (www.perduefarms.com/careers) or visit the Perdue Hiring Center Monday-Friday 8:30 to 5 – by Papa John’s in Washington.
Their business has increased and they are expanding their workforce with new positions. They have open positions for General Assembly, Machine Set-up, Fork Truck Drivers and other skilled opportunities.
Full time jobs – great benefits!
Jobs at Champion Laboratories are full time, with pay increases, insurance, paid holidays, vacation and 401(k).
You may apply immediately at Champion Laboratories in Albion or submit a resume to ChampionHR@champlabs.com
More information is available on their Facebook page.
Champion Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Perfect Summer Job!
Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari employees get a free season pass, parties, incentives, transportation,
and at least $10 an hour once you’re 18!
Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari needs people of ALL ages…for work in gift shops, with
rides, food service, lifeguarding and more.
Apply right now by clicking this link holidayworldjobs.com Because jobs this perfect
go faster than the Cheetah Chase, the world’s first launched water coaster, New this Season!
Volunteer Coordinator (Generations) – Vincennes, IN Part-Time
Vincennes University is seeking applicants for the position of Volunteer Coordinator for Generations. This is a part-time support staff position.
This position is responsible for:
- -Responsible for volunteer coordination of volunteer services within Generations’ service area.
- -Assists with long-range planning for development and expansion of programs.
- -Provides publicity for the Volunteer Center as outlined in the Generations Marketing Plan.
- -Adhere to the Generations Code of Ethics.
- -Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- -Maintain an effective professional relationship with community resources, providers of service and other staff.
Successful candidates will have:
- -High school diploma or equivalent required.
- -Work experience and background with seniors and/or volunteerism preferred.
- -Required to reside or have strong community involvement within service area.
- -Ability to perceive community needs as they relate to volunteer programs.
- -Interest in working with all ages, particularly the senior population.
Candidate will not be eligible for benefits.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit a VU Application, cover letter, resume, transcript(s), and contact information for three references to Human Resources by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Human Resources, 1002 North First Street, Vincennes, IN 47591.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Interviews may be held concurrently with the advertising period.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a criminal history background check.
Vincennes University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
YMCA of Vincennes
Career Opportunities available